Spencer McIllwain, promising football player and all ’round good citizen of Oklahoma died nearly four months ago from an overdose of methadone. His father, Rick, recently told Tulsa World of his two year battle with his son’s addiction to prescription painkillers. “There are countless people in the same situation,” he said, “not knowing where to turn.” It seems that Rick did everything right, everything Drug Addiction Help Poulsbo WA 98370 he could do. But Spencer is dead. Even drug detox and drug rehab failed him. Why?
Spencer was first prescribed OxyContin when he sustained an ankle injury in 2003. None of the reports available say how long he was on the drug but two years later, Spencer’s dad received a call from a dentist who reported that Spencer had asked for a prescription for painkillers Poulsbo WA 98370 because of a toothache. Spencer’s dad knew he didn’t have a toothache, and decided to look into it.
Spencer’s parents went to see him, and Spencer acknowledged that he had a drug problem. He said he could handle it on his own but when his parents checked on him a few weeks later he was a mess. They quickly got him into a 30-day drug Drug Addiction Help Poulsbo WA 98370 rehab program followed by a six-week outpatient program. The articles don’t say whether Spencer also did drug detox.
It appears Spencer was doing okay for several months after that, but another surgery – this time for an intestinal block – again pushed him into painkillers. He went back to rehab, where he overdosed on methadone and died.
How can you avoid such a situation happening to Poulsbo WA 98370 someone you love?
1. If it is necessary for a person to take painkillers for surgery or an injury, find out from the doctor if it’s possible to take non-narcotic painkillers – no morphine, no methadone, no OxyContin or any drug containing oxycodone.
2. Whatever drug is chosen, ensure you research that drug fully so you know what to expect. Check the Internet, not just with Poulsbo WA 98370 your local doctor. As we found out in the OxyContin hearings, doctors can be misled by drug companies. Thoroughly familiarize yourself with the side effects, and with the drug’s potential for dependency, abuse, and addiction.
3. As soon you can, within a few days if possible, get the person to stop the painkillers. This will reduce the risk of dependence and addiction. If they have Poulsbo WA 98370 to stay on them longer than a few days or a week, contact a medical drug detox program that helps with withdrawal from prescription painkillers. They can help you determine whether the person should stop trying to take the drug on their own or if they need medical drug detox.
4. If the person does develop an addiction, get them into a medical drug detox Poulsbo WA 98370 program as a first step. This will allow them to withdraw from the drug safely. It will also set them up to be able to go through drug rehab.
5. After drug detox, ensure they get into drug rehab immediately. Choose a residential treatment program that lasts at least two months, if not longer. This gives the person enough time to address the personal issues Poulsbo WA 98370 that caused the addiction in the first place and shores them up against the possibility of relapse. The person should not leave the drug rehab program until those issues are addressed and are no longer bothering them.
6. After they leave drug rehab, ensure they are not going back into the same environment and situation that got them involved in drugs in the first place. Poulsbo WA 98370 This would generally be addressed as part of a good drug rehab program, but keep you eye on it. Stay in very close touch with them. Watch for any signs of drug use, and also watch out for alcohol. Alcohol can sometimes fuel drug abuse.
7. At the first sign of any trouble whatever, assume the worst. Not a nice thing to say, I know, Poulsbo WA 98370 but with dangerous drugs you can’t be too careful.
It is possible to help someone overcome prescription drug addiction and dependency with a good medical drug detox program and long-term residential drug rehab. Prescription painkillers are so common these days that no one can afford to not know about their dangers and what to do about them. Learn what you need to, teach others, be Poulsbo WA 98370 alert, and act fast. You could save the life of someone you care about.
A+ BBB Rated – 24/7 Availability – Superior Customer Service
Our Drug Addiction Rehab teams provide exceptional customer service and take pride in doing the job right the first time. Call us today for service!
"EXCELLENT SERVICE AND TECHNICIANS"
I found Drug Addiction Help in Poulsbo on yelp last week when my I discovered my issue. Not knowing where to turn I hit yelp to see if I could find a Drug Addiction Rehab with good reviews. I saw Poulsbo Drug Addiction Help listed on top of the page so I gave them a call to see if they could help. The owner (Gary) answered the phone on the first ring and he was a very friendly guy!
"WE COUNT ON Drug Addiction Help"
Drug Addiction Help always provides us with prompt service. In our business, we cannot afford to be out or service for any length of time. It is good to know we can count on Drug Addiction Help!
Your Guarantee - The Performance Drug Addiction Rehab Inc Difference
When you choose Performance Drug Addiction Rehab of Poulsbo WA, Inc you can be sure you'll receive the best care and service in Washington - That's why we offer you:
1. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - And Not Just For Today
If you are not 100% satisfied with the performance of our service, you can call me direct.
2. True Choice - In Your Hands
To meet that 100% satisfaction guarantee the work we do for you has to be absolutely right for you, your home and your budget.
3. Care For Your Home
It's simple-we treat you and your home with exactly the same amount of respect that we would expect our families and home to be treated.
4. On Time Convenience
When you have a busy schedule, you need to be able to rely on a company that shows up at the agreed time-a convenience for you. We'll be there.
5. Up Front Pricing
You know the price up-front. It's peace of mind while the work is being done and it's your assurance that you'll receive your 100% satisfaction guarantee no matter how long the work ends up taking.